Registration for After Beauvoir Care (ABC) will be on May 1st, 2023.
Our ABC staff offers extended day services to all camp families with pre-registration. The principal goal of ABC is to provide a safe, stimulating, and relaxed environment for Beauvoir Summer camp children whose parents regularly require child-care services beyond the camp day. The aftercare work hours are 2:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Experience with and education in elementary-aged children
• Be punctual and reliable with attendance
• Be comfortable participating in and/or leading lessons/activities
• Be patient, flexible, and able to work collaboratively with children and staff
• Be able to handle challenging behaviors in a way that encourages children to learn from the situation
Extended Care Duties:
• Meet with administration and colleagues to plan and prepare lessons
• Plan and implement a weekly activity plan (with guidance from Lead Educator)
• Prepare large group games and enrichment activities
• Serve and distribute snack
• Supervise and engage the children during inside and outside play
• Encourage and guide children as they interact in activities with other children
• Help maintain a neat, clean, and organized environment
Candidates should be, at minimum, rising seniors in high school. In addition, successful candidates must pass a criminal background check and FBI fingerprinting and submit a completed health form by District of Columbia law.
If you are interested in applying for summer ABC opportunities, please fill out an application through this link