Welcome to our Coronavirus update page. As we are all still living in the fluidity of this pandemic, we will post updates to this page with the most current information about how COVID-19 will impact Beauvoir Summer and the Pool for 2020.
5/12/20- As the needs develop for hosting on-site camps under the current COVID-19 recommendations, we have decided to close our on-site July camps, from July 6 to July 31, therefore canceling all onsite summer programs for 2020. As you know, the safety of campers and staff is our first priority and given the restrictions in place, we feel we cannot operate our traditional, quality Summer program.
While we are disappointed not to be able to offer our traditional program, we are pleased to announce that we will offer online programming which we will make available for the month of July. This “virtual camp” program will include both academic and non-academic activities. All academic camp sessions will be taught by Beauvoir educators and other educators from the area and will be available to campers in PK to rising 4th grades. For families who wish to register, we will be sending out information in early June with a list of offerings and instructions for the sign-up process.
5/4/20 - With the latest CDC guidelines specifically related to day camps, social distancing and group gatherings, we are deeply disappointed to have to make this decision to close our pre-week and first three weeks of camp, from June 8 to July 2. Given the current restrictions in place, we are unable to offer the wonderful camp experience that we planned and that you have come to love and expect from us. At this time, we feel the safest route is to delay the opening of camp to July 6, with the plan to reassess by June 1.
We also feel the safest plan is to delay the pool opening to members until July 1. Although the chlorine and chemicals used in the pool would likely be a safe means for killing the virus while swimming, our concerns are maintaining the common areas, toddler pool, and pool deck with the current guidelines for a 6-feet-apart distancing and the wearing of masks. We want to ensure that the member experiences are the best possible and, unfortunately we do not believe we can provide an adequate pool environment if we open before July 1.
We will also need to cancel all weekend swim lessons through June. All swim lesson registrations through the month of June will receive a full refund. We will postpone scheduling private swim lessons until July 1.
5/1/20 - We are still in the process of making a decision about summer. Per the email sent to summer camp registrants on April 10, we extended the final payment, that had been due on April 30, to May 15. We will not be charging final balances until a decision is made. We hope to have an update soon. Thank you for your patience!
3/30/20 - As we all navigate these unprecedented times, we remain hopeful that the pool, swim lessons, and summer camp will be able to open as scheduled. We feel that it is too early to make any decisions, but we continue to follow the health recommendations for the community with the safety of our staff and members being a top priority.
If we have to postpone or cancel, we will issue prorated or full refunds dependent on the case. Otherwise, the current cancellation/refund policies for each program are in place. You can read through our FAQs
for further details.
We are still actively registering for the summer and will update all registrants with changes when decisions are made.